If you like a little heat and a bowl of delicious, this jambalaya recipie is for you!
It’s seriously so simple and is a breeze to make. There is also a ton of versatility with this recipe – we used pork sausage but it can easily be replaced with steak, chicken, ground beef, tofu, and the list goes on!
- 4 mild Italian pork sausages (or any protein)
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Black bean and corn salsa (store bought – feel free to replace it with any other kind of salsa)
- Tsp of butter
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan, bring 1 cup of chicken broth, a tsp of butter and a pinch of salt to a boil
- Once boiling, add 1 cup of rice and set aside (I used 5 minute rice – always follow proper cooking instructions on whichever rice you choose)
- In a large skillet, add 2 tsps of olive oil
- Chop 1 small onion and add it to the skillet over medium heat
- De-case the sausage and break it up into the skillet. Mix until cooked
- Add salsa, about one cup, and let simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Add cooked rice into skillet and mix, adding more salsa if needed
- Increase the heat slightly and let the mixture fry slightly – stir often at the higher temperature
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese and enjoy!
This recipe serves 2 quite generously.
Total calories: 593/serving